Saturday, August 17, 2013

Beach Day



I went to the beach the other day.  It was a lot of fun.  It’s a bit of a drive to get there, otherwise I’d do it a lot.  Haley’s dad owns a condo on the beach over at Daytona, so we go there from time to time and spend the day.  The waves were nice, the sun was out, just a tiny bit of a breeze.  You know, it’s actually a few degrees cooler there than it is here in Orlando, so that was really nice, too.  Boy oh boy, I hate summer here.  It’s so brutally and painfully hot that even going from the front door to your car is a hellish experience.  It’s oppressive and mind-numbing. 

But, anyway, the beach was a great time.  The water was cool, the sun was out, and there weren’t a lot of people crowding the area.  I got some of my color back and Haley and Bailey got freaked out by a jumping fish.  So, we went in and washed off and jumped in the pool for a while.  Then, we relaxed on his balcony for a while, had dinner, and went home.  It was a really good time.  It made me miss living in my old apartment at Sun Key.  It had a few pools in the complex that were rather clean and never crowded.  When Haley and Bailey came to visit, we’d hit the pool up for a few hours, then take over one of the grills and make burgers and hotdogs or chicken.  Of course, I paid out the wazoo for that place. Still, I have a lot of fond memories of that place.  What I wouldn’t give for the current neighborhood to have a pool.  Honestly, I don’t even know where the closest one is.

Regardless, I had a fun day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment