Friday, March 22, 2013

Bleary-eyed and Wet

I wasn't going to post anything today, worn out as I am, but I realized that I'll never be able to write again if I let myself lapse.  That's how I got into this mess in the first place.  I stopped writing those stupid stories I was so fond of.  I stopped doing text-based roleplaying(laugh if you will, but it really helps.  And is also really nerdy and sad, I know).  So here I am.

I've been doing some work for a crewing company here in Florida.  They give me gigs with ESPN3 and Brighthouse and a couple other production trucks.  Which is really cool, I get to do camerawork and meet a lot of veteran operators.  And, unlike my current fallback gig, I don't have to shoot 4 games in a row.  Just the one.  So choice.   And such great pay.  A solid day rate plus mileage and OT.

The previous shoot, the one I did last night, I was even promoted to POC or crew chief.  That felt good.  Also means a nice little pay bump.  And, I'm being trained up in my fallback gig to a supervisory position.

So, it seems that things could be worse.  Here's hoping the momentum keeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment